Thursday 11 February 2010

Shine on - FOTD

Ooops, I fully intended to take a photo of my make-up this morning, but time somehow got away from me. Unfortunately, this means a photo at the end of a long day, after nearly 12 hours of wear. Not the best first impression on my clean new blog, but I have to start somewhere.

Today, I went for a neutral look:

I've cropped the photo to remove some of the glare from my unpowdered forehead, but I'm afraid it's still in its full glory on my nose.



After moisturising with Kiehl's Ultra moisture lotion (spf 15), I applied a small amouont of Chanel Pro Lumiere in Limpide where I needed it (cheeks, chin, nose and a little on forehead). I set with Bobbi Brown pale yellow powder.

The eyelids were primed with Urban Decay Primer potion, then I smudged Estee Lauder Doublewer cream shadow in Antique Gold on my lid and into the crease. I blended MAC Jest into the inner corners as a highlight, then used Patina on the rest of the lid and into the socket. I used Mulch to define the outer V and the outer third of the lower lashline. I used Vanilla as a brow highlight. Mascara was by Hourglass - a freebie I got with a Zuneta order and I'm really impressed with it.

Cheeks were the liquid blush end of a Rouge Bunny Rouge blush and lipgloss duo, in the shade Enredo. the lips were lined and filled with a Rimmel liner (can't remember the name) and topped with the lipgloss from the RBR stick, in the shade Samba.

I really like the RBR product. In fact, I really like all the products I've purchased from RBR. I'll do a post on them in the future. The RBR liquid blush is a very light creamy gel that buffs into the skin nicely and the enredo shade looks natural and gives a peachy glow. The Samba gloss is very pretty - a sort of peachy beige shade with small glitter particles, yet still subtle.In the swatch, the blush is on the left.

Like all RBR products, the packaging is lovely. The gloss side has a doe foot applicator and the blush side has a slender brush.

So, my first face of the day. Maybe tomorrow, I'll remember to capture it in the morning. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment