Friday 19 February 2010

Fr-eye-day

A hilarious play on words there, I think you'll agree...

It seemed even more difficult than usual to drag my bones from my bed this morning. Then despite a lovely shower using Villainess products (more about them coming up in another post), I still felt sluggish and could muster no enthusiasm for getting ready for work. I wasn't sure what to do regarding make-up and then I decided to use my new Yaby palette for inspiration.


I decided a little twist of colour might help get me going, or at least help me feign the appearance of being full of verve and dynamism. High hopes indeed.

It was my first time working with the Yaby shadows and pearl paints. After prepping my lid with UDPP, I used a neutral beigey brown shadow with a hint of shimmer (fourth from the right in the second row down). Using a flat shader brush, I smoothed this across the lid and upwards until just past the crease.

I then took a teal blue shimmer pearl paint (third from left, second row down) and smudged it along the lash line before winging it up towards the outer end of my eyebrow. I then used a MAC 217 to gently blend the teal up slightly and soften the hard edges. I used a tiny bit of the deeper teal shadow (top row, third from right) to intensify the colour and continued to blend and soften. I highlighted the brow bone and inner corner of each eye with a shimmery cream shadow (top row, fourth from right).

To finish, I ran Make Up Forever's Aqua Eyes liner in Blue with green highlights along my upper lashline, then applied mascara.

I was really impressed with the Yaby shadows and pearl paint I used. The colour is true to the palette, even with the tiny bit of product I needed to use. They spread well across the lid, even on top of the UDPP. Blending was easy yet I lost none of the intensity of colour. The look lasted well throughout the day too and I didn't have any creasing. I'm looking forward to trying more looks with the palette.

FYI, The finished 'd-eye-namic' look (there is just NO stopping me) was helped somewhat by a decent amount of MAC Select Moisture Cover concealer to disguise the bags under my eyes. Thank Yaby it's Friday.

2 comments: