Monday 15 February 2010

Club inspiration - FOTD

Like a lot of people interested in make-up, I am a huge fan of Pixiwoo's make-up tutorials and get a real thrill each time one shows up in my subscriptions. These talented make-up artist sisters have shown me quick looks for every day, glitzy looks for a night out, recreated screen siren and celebrity looks and pushed the envelope with some edgier or more flamboyant faces. I can't recommend them enough.

After watching a video the other day on using MAC's Club eyeshadow, I decided to try it this morning as a quick way to get made up before work.

As Club is a duochrome, different brush skills or shadow bases can bring out different elements. One of my favourite MAC Pigments is Blue Brown for the same reason. Club can look green or reddish brown or a mixture of both, dependent upon how you use it.


After priming my eye area with Urban Decay Primer Potion, I tapped a little MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl onto the lid. Then I used a dense shader brush to pat Club onto the lid area and slightly into the crease. Taking a domed blending brush, I worked the Club into the crease and up towards the brow bone, brushing in small circles to pull the colour up and blend the edges. I pushed a small amount into the lower lashline to define and I then highlighted the browbone and inner corner with Vex, another duochrome.

A slick of mascara and the eyes were done - not bad for just two eyeshadows, I reckon:


On the rest of the face, I used Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation in Faience, MAC Studio Fix Concealer in NC15, a tiny bit of Bobbi Brown loose powder in pale yellow to set. Cheeks were Posie tint by Benefit, I whisked a bit of the lovely Boots No.7 Natural Radiance Highlighter from the new Spring collection across the tops of my cheekbones and down my nose. Lips were Bungalow Pink lipgloss from the limited edition Michael Kors for Estee Lauder collection.

 

A quick face of the day using Mac Club, DONE! (that's me channelling Gordon Ramsay). Oh, and look -  a smile. I must have liked this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment